We have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our Pets1st Runnymede Hill Veterinary Hospital. Both Full Time and Part Time applicants are welcome.
- The full-time position is based on a 4-day week with 1:6 weekends.
- No OOH.
- The salary for this role is up to £65,000 DOE + Benefits.
- We have an offsite, one bedroom flat in the village of Sunningdale which will be offered for free for the first 3 months, (Bills and Internet included). The flat is fully furnished and is only a few minutes from the local train station and 2 stops away from the hospital. Both Partners and Pets are welcome.
We are a small and fast-paced small animal hospital, with great links to the M25 and M3 and the beautiful Windsor Great Park on our doorstep. We have accommodation available should it be needed, a 1 bedroom fully furnished flat on offer situated above the branch. There is parking on-site. We have excellent facilities, including separate dog and cat wards and waiting areas, 3 consult rooms, ICU, theatre, dental X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and full in-house lab plus everything else you would need or expect a hospital to have. We love what we do, and we are very good at it.
About the Team and Culture:
Our strongest asset and the reason people work for us is our team.
Our vet team is led by Andy our Clinical Director and David (Deputy Clinical Director) both with over 20 years of experience who are committed to supporting the team of 7 Vets. As part of our 7-Vet team, you will benefit from a highly supportive environment and be given the freedom to fully manage your cases both medically and surgically.
Our day starts with a regular ward round where case management is discussed and a clear plan for the day is established. We have a fully staffed strong and experienced nursing team made up of 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and an Animal Nursing Assistant, (we have a dedicated Nurse Trainer and 2 Night Nurses), that ensure the best patient care is received. We have a fully staffed reception team ensuring that the practice runs smoothly, and our nurses are able to nurse. We have an accounts and admin team to make sure things get done. We also host visiting referral surgeons when required for our more complicated surgical cases.
Our branch practice runs with 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses and a Receptionist. Whilst we are a busy and fast-paced practice, we are a down-to-earth and fun team who enjoy socialising when we can, whether that’s at our summer BBQ or a pub quiz!
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and keen to work in a team environment where patient care is a priority. You will also have post-graduate experience.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Accommodation Available
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch with Emma Smith Practice Director email@example.com or call 01784 436367